This document explains the steps to add the data source to a stable PRD 3.9 install to build Pentaho reports using OpenERP. This document does not cover how to call these reports from OpenERP. Have a look at the Pentaho-reports-for-OpenERP project created by WillowIT for details on how to call your reports from OpenERP.
Step 1: Download Required Packages
Download the Jar files for the following components:
- PRD OpenERP data source.
- PRD OpenERP data source editor.
- OpenERP Java Report Helper (v0.10.0-Beta).
- OpenERP Java Api (v1.3.0).
Download the XMLRPC binary libraries from Apache (Usually in a zip/tar):
Step 2: Copy contents to lib folder
- Copy the jar files previously downloaded and place it in the 'lib' directory of your PRD installation.
- Extract the contents of the XMLRPC zip to a temporary folder. Copy xmlrpc-client-3.1.3.jar, xmlrpc-common-3.1.3.jar and ws-commons-util-1.0.2.jar from the extracted 'lib' folder into the PRD installation 'lib' folder.